Frank Harrison III Scholarship
The Frank Harrison III Scholarship has been established to provide scholarships to Junior or Senior level undergraduate students majoring in Philosophy who have an interest in the Philosophy of Religion. The award will be in the amount of $1000.00. All materials must be submitted in hard copy to the departmental office by the end of departmental office hours on April 1, 2016.
Criteria For Selection
- Excellence in overall grades as well as grades in the major.
- A demonstrated strong interest in the Philosophy of Religion, as indicated by courses taken with content immediately related to central questions of the Philosophy of Religion.
- A submitted paper dealing with some subject directly related to a topic in the Philosophy of Religion.
- Selection of recipients shall not be based on financial need.
- Application Process
- Applicants should submit the following information to the Philosophy Department office by 5:00 pm, April 1, 2016.
- A letter of application (one page), stating the applicant's interest in the Philosophy of Religion, and describing coursework related to this field. Examples would include courses covering material such as proofs for the existence of a god, the problem of evil, the nature of religious knowledge, the relationship between faith and reason, and the like. Please also provide US mail and email addresses.
- A paper dealing with a topic directly related to the Philosophy of Religion.
- A complete transcript or Degree Audit Report.
Scholarship recipients shall be selected by the Philosophy Department Awards Committee. Dr. Frank Harrison III shall be invited to participate on the committee as a non-voting member.
The 2016 Harrison Scholarship recipient will be announced by April 29, 2016.